Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary
Our SKU: 9999-9999Regular price £30.00 Save £-30.00
Update December 2021:
Prices have now been confirmed!
This pack contains DCC-ready (no sound) Thunderbolt, ‘Loriot Y’ plus Dan’s House and ‘Toad’ No. W6874.
RRP: £299.95 OUR PRICE: £245.95 plus free delivery
RRP: £399.95 OUR PRICE: £329.95 plus free delivery
Available to reserve now with a non-refundable deposit of just £30.
Upon ordering we will contact you to confirm the exact model and specification you require. This may be changed up to the time of delivery.
A third pack comprising a Bedford OB in full Pearce and Crump livery will be announced later and available separately.
Rapido Trains UK is delighted to reveal a range of models inspired by The Titfield Thunderbolt that will be available in time to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the film’s release in 2023. These will be the most accurate The Titfield Thunderbolt models ever produced and are being developed with full co-operation of STUDIOCANAL, which owns the rights to this seminal railway film.
The story was inspired by the group of enthusiasts, led by Tom Rolt, who took over the 2ft 3in gauge Talyllyn Railway in 1951 and thus kick-started the railway preservation movement. The film was the first of Ealing Studios’ famous ‘Ealing comedies’ to be filmed in colour and it was released in March 1953.
We will produce five new ‘OO’ gauge models:
- Thunderbolt, aka Liverpool & Manchester Railway 0-4-2 Lion
- The Buffet Car, aka Great Eastern Railway Diagram 603 No. 8
- No. W68740, GWR Diagram AA20 ‘Toad’ brakevan
- ‘Dan’s House’, aka GWR ‘Loriot Y’ No. 41989 with fictitious Victorian coach body
- Pearce & Crump’s coach GAM338, aka Bedford OB with Duple Vista body
Our Titfield models will be available in three packs:
- Pack 1 is a deluxe pack, containing sound-fitted Thunderbolt, Dan’s House and Loriot with W67840 plus 4mm:1ft scale figures and commemorative booklet.
- Pack 2 is a standard pack, containing Thunderbolt, ‘Dan’s House’ and Loriot Y with No. W68740.
- Pack 3 contains the Buffet Car and No. W68740, plus 4mm:1ft scale figures.
- The Bedford OB will be available as a standalone model in full Pearce & Crump livery.
Work is well underway with Lion, Loriot Y and ‘Dan’s House’ at an advanced stage of development.
All models will be in stock by March 6 2023, the 70th anniversary of the film’s release, although it is expected that some models will be available during 2022.